|“||There are no men like me. Only me.||”|
— Yves-Thierry to Genevieve
Lord Yves-Thierry Thorn, the Marquess of Mayfair, (b. 9 October, n.d. — 4 May, n.d.) was a pure-blood wizard of the House of Thorn. He was the eldest son of Pandora Thorn and Kristian Walker, and was one of five children, excluding his half-sibling, Seraphine. Yves-Thierry was the father of a three-generation family. He married Beauxbatons student and famous fashion designer, Genevieve Rooney, with whom he had three children, one of which only married and conceived. Beyond that point, his family line became extinct.
Traditionally, Yves went on to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with his sister, Veronica, where they were both sorted into the Slytherin house. There, he joined the Slytherin Quidditch Team and became a keeper in his second year, where he remained until he graduated. Yves, like his older sister, was known for his astute intelligence and practical magical ability. After graduating from Hogwarts, he met his future wife, Genevieve Rooney, a half-blood witch.
As an adult, Yves-Thierry became a patriarch in his own right, having already possessed a fatherly characteristic which he'd held over his younger siblings whilst studying away at Hogwarts during their youth. He met his unfortunate end in the explosion that also killed his sister, Yvaine. He was not an overly powerful wizard, though had a standard ability. However, Yves was a talented flyer and was known for his undeniable strength from playing Quidditch, where he'd managed to maintain a position for six years to go on to become a Keeper for the Welsh National Quidditch team.
Death and post-mortem
Personality and traits
- Yves-Thierry: "We're going to win this."
- Niklaus: "Don't hold back."
- Yves-Thierry: "Not in my nature."
- — Yves and Niklaus talking before a Quidditch match
Magical abilities and skills
- Jonathan Knight: "He's going to die!"
- Professor Averall: "Lord Yves flies well."
- — Jon and Professor Averall regarding Yves-Thierry during their First Year flying lesson
- Quidditch: Yves-Thierry had a natural ability and penchant for Quidditch. He was a naturally talented and skillful flyer, evidenced in his ability to hold the position as Keeper on the Slytherin Quidditch team from his second year onwards at Hogwarts. Yves left Hogwarts to continue a successful career in Quidditch, earning a position as Keeper for the Welsh National Quidditch team at the early age of twenty.
- Ivy wood wand:
- Loras: Upon attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Yves-Thierry obtained a male red owl that he came to name Loras.
- Leander Europa broomstick:
- Leander Europa Prime broomstick:
Yves-Thierry's name is a hyphenated form of two different names. The name Yves is a French male given name of Celtic and Germanic origin, meaning yew. Thierry is also a French given name that derives from an older Germanic name meaning powerful and ruler of the people.
The surname Thorn derives from an English and Danish background. It is a topographic name for someone who lived by a thorn bush or hedge (Old English, Old Norse þorn).