Do you know what my mother used to call me? Dangerous. You're a dangerous girl, Lily. One day, a dangerous witch. And she was right. I am dangerous.
— Lily to Reilly
Lily Minerva Cauldwell (née Leander) (b. 9 November), more commonly known by her peers as Inny, is a half-blood witch of the Potter and Leander families, the only daughter of the late Jedidiah and his wife Lattice Leander (née Malfoy-Potter). She is also the younger sister of Sirius and the twin sister of Odysseus. When the twins were merely six years old, their father accidentally died by means of a backfiring spell, leaving the children to be raised alone by their mother at home in Godric's Hollow.
Upon attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Inny was Sorted into Slytherin House, separating her from her twin who was Sorted into Hufflepuff. She quickly became best friends with Sasha Thorn, a family friend and fellow Slytherin with whom she would maintain a close friendship with for years on. Throughout her school years, Inny was a bright student of inimitable popularity, over time formulating her reputation as a charismatic and manipulative hedonist. She was renowned for her analytical flair and ruthless awareness of the hold she had on others.
- "Before she hit the world, she was this flame, so bright she burned. I think I knew even then that she was going to be remarkable. I felt it, even when I held her for the first time. I felt it with her brothers too, but with her... I was scared."
- —Lattice regarding her daughter's early years
Lily spent her years growing up in Leander Cottage at her mother's home village of Godric's Hollow in West Country, England. In addition to her twin, she had an elder brother Sirius, who was three years her senior.
Life after Hogwarts
- "Quite a pair of eyes on her."
- —Aries about the piercing state of Inny's eyes
Personality and traits
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts:
- Logical thinking and intelligence:
- Hawthorn wand:
- Moto: For her tenth birthday, Inny purchased a black part-Kneazle cat from the Magical Menagerie which she named Moto. This was the pet she would take with her to Hogwarts and later keep for years onwards. Moto, like its owner, was highly intelligent yet not fond of strangers.
- Moon necklace:
- "I haven't ever been caught before. I just don't want... well. I'm just not in the mood to upset her."
- —Inny's covert fear of disappointing her mother
- Reilly Cauldwell: "Your brother seems nice."
- Lily Leander: "He isn't nice. He's amazing."
- — Inny's admiration of her elder brother
- "My girls were meant to be extraordinary. They need to know how proud I am of them."
The name Lily is an English name, referencing the lily flower and meaning "pure". The lily flower acts as a symbol of beauty and, ironically, innocence and purity.
Minerva is the Roman name of Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom, courage, strategy, and justice, (among other things). The name means "wise."
The name Leander is a Greek baby name, although it can be used as a surname; the meaning of this name is "lion-man", which could perhaps be cleverly attributed to the Leanders' most commonly being sorted into Gryffindor.