|“||We all have battle scars, Noah. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and build a brace for yours.||”|
— Lucky to Noah
James Aries Peltier (b. 6 October), most commonly known as Lucky Peltier, is a half-blood and part-Veela wizard, the only chil of Aries and Dorea Peltier (née Castro). As their jobs often required them to work abroad, Lucky was usually left in the care of his paternal grandparents, with whom he lived with in England. He was incredibly close to them both, especially his grandfather, whose death left him devastated.
Lucky began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at the usual age of eleven and was Sorted into Gryffindor House for his bravery and devotion. He instantly became best friends with Noah Hilliard, with the two largely known for being unpopular and awkward. Spurred on by his grandfather's death in his second year, Lucky tried out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team as a Keeper. He was initially rejected, but after trying out again the next year, his skills had vastly improved to the extent that he was considered his team's secret weapon. He was present for Gryffindor winning three Quidditch Cups and became Captain during his final year at Hogwarts.
James Peltier was born on 6 October to Aries and Dorea Peltier (née Castro).
- born in mexico
- despite being an only child, he was close to his cousins and acted as a rolemodel for them
Personality and traits
- "I think anyone should be able to do whatever they want as long as they're not hurting people."
- —James and his views on freedom
- Grady Jorkins: "How did you get so good at Quidditch? Is it herbs? Where are you getting your gear from, Peltier?"
- James: "My nan does all the school shopping?"
- — James getting confused
Magical abilities and skills
- "Bludgers are always going to keep flying at you, and at one point you're probably going to fall off your broom and break both arms. Quidditch is a nasty sport, but you have to get back up. You have to show them you can get back up. Leaders don't run."
- —James giving Elliot advice and demonstrating his leadership qualities in Quidditch
- Lucky's Amortentia was freshly mown grass, the smell of a new broomstick handle, and the smoking smell of fireworks. The fireworks were something he had come to associate with Maisie Thorn, after she was impressed with his ploy to set them off during their fourth year.
- His model Tyler Posey portrays Scott McCall on the television show Teen Wolf, alongside numerous other celebrities that portray other characters:
- Dylan O'Brien, who plays Stiles Stilinski (Noah Hilliard)
- Holland Roden, who plays Lydia Martin (Ember Cauldwell)
- Dylan Sprayberry, who plays Liam Dunbar (Odysseus Leander)
- Adelaide Kane, who plays Cora Hale (Ariadne Finnigan)
- Alisha Boe, who plays Gwen (Claudia Cabdi)
- Froy Gutierrez, who plays Nolan Holloway (Aries Peltier)
- Daniel Sharman, who plays Isaac Lahey (Jedidiah Leander)