|“||And so we end as we began.||”|
— Gabriele to Eric Spellman
The Hon. Gabriele Thorn (b. 29 September, n.d. — 11 May, n.d.) was a half-blood witch of the House of Thorn. She was the only daughter of Niklaus Thorn and former Beauxbatons Professor, the late Gabrielle Audet. Throughout her education, she was known for her involvement with love interest, Eric Spellman.
Upon reaching the age of eleven, Gabriele attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She was noted as being a six-minute hatstall, due to the contrast between her evident Slytherin and Ravenclaw characteristics. Inevitably, she was sorted into the latter house for her artistic nature and her impressive level of logic and intelligence. Throughout her education, Gabriele was known for her tenuous approach to popularity, though to little knowledge, was a member of the Knights of Abaddon. She met her untimely death at the age of seventeen, during the May of her sixth year at Hogwarts.
Overall, Gabriele's astute level of knowledge in both generic studies and the magical arts was not easily comparable to students her age, as well as magical folk much older than her. She didn't lack in her magical abilities, and although was surpassed by many other talented wizards and witches her age, Gabriele proved most talented with her magical abilities and her intellect.
Death and post-mortem
- "I need your talent, mon cher, my dear, and your beauty."
- —Damien to Gabriele
Personality and traits
- "You're a thousand times lovelier than the stars, Gabby. Of course, you're already well aware of that."
- —Francis to Gabriele
Magical abilities and skills
- "People are going to believe what they're going to believe. The trick is figuring out what they want to believe and giving it to them."
- —Gabriele to the Knights of Abaddon
- Intellectual genius: Gabriele was not only a great witch, but also possessed an incredible level of intellect and logic that outshined all her other qualities. Her father compared her intellect to that of Savannah, the potentially most powerful witch the Thorn family has seen. Following Gabriele joining the Knights of Abaddon, she exercised her skills and became an exceptional strategist and tactician, with an uncanny ability to create complex and carefully-woven plans to achieve the goals of the Knights that prevented them from being discovered by the students and staff at Hogwarts. She also proved to be a consummate actor, multitasker, and investigator, as shown when she clouds her knowledge of the Knights to her family. Gabriele's intelligence and logic was trusted by the Knights' leader, Damien Culvateur, to the extent where he trusted her to design the plans of action for many of the attacks made by the Knights.
- Non-verbal magic: Gabriele had mastered non-verbal spells before her sixth year, which included casting various charms and even blocking jinxes.
- Charms: Gabriele was talented in charms, as she could cast Cistem Aperio and the Revelio charm in her first year, as well as the Dancing Feet Spell in her second year. She received an 'Outstanding' in her O.W.L for this subject and carried it onto N.E.W.T level where it is believed she would have received another 'Outstanding', if not for her untimely death.
- Eidetic memory: One of Gabriele's most profound skills was her eidetic memory, that allowed her to recall something to perfection that she had seen or read previously, even if only for a brief moment. Gabriele was able to recall long extracts concerning difficult spells that were used for the advantage of the Knights. She also used this skill to remember extensive translations in Ancient Runes that she used as a means of coding, to also benefit the Knights. She also used this skill to exacerbate her proficiency in reading and understanding semiotics in everyday life at Hogwarts.
The name Gabriele comes from the Italian origin, a form of Gabriel which defines God Given Strength.
The surname Thorn derives from an English and Danish background. It is a topographic name for someone who lived by a thorn bush or hedge (Old English, Old Norse þorn).
- Gabriele's theme song is Paper Chains by Kites & Crows.
- Gabriele's specialised soundtrack, dark side of the moon, can be found on 8tracks.