Secrets are what split our family apart in the first place. Do you honestly believe any more of them are going to keep us together?
— Atria to Albus
Atria Jacqueline Hilliard (b. 30 January) is a half-blood witch and Banshee half-breed of the Hilliard and Cauldwell families, the product of an affair between Noah and Ember Hilliard (née Cauldwell). She is also the maternal half-sister of Albus — though this was knowledge that went unbeknownst to them for many years — and by extension the adoptive sister of Musidora. As her parents had been in different relationships at the time of her birth, Atria was given to Noah, who raised her alongside his later wife Mara.
Atria attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry where she was Sorted into Gryffindor House like her mother.
- "Join the Debate Club! New members always welcome! Meetings in the Charms Classroom at—"
- —Atria takes charge at the Yule Ball
Personality and traits
- darker version of ember
- terrible relationship with her stepmother
- as her father is head of the investigation department, she takes after him, always wanting to find out the truth
- perfectionist, overachiever
- dark humour
- the whole family problems/banshee issues make her go a bit loopy
- gryffindor traits
Magical abilities and skills
- Expert detective skills: Both as a naturally inquisitive girl and the daughter of the Head of the Investigation Department, Atria was known to be a formidably talented investigator. While in school, she and her brother had a knack for solving difficult mysteries and discovering the truth despite all attempts by others to conceal it.
- Leadership skills:
- "Believe it or not, I actually wish you weren't going to leave. Because, Albus, you're one spectacular wizard, and no matter what you are still my little brother."
- —Atria says goodbye to Albus
- Albus Cauldwell: "Despite everything, Atria, there's no one I would trust more with my son's life. Be happy."
- Atria: "He'll be happy too. Nothing will get in the way of that. I promise you."
- — Atria's vow to care for Lucien
Never truly accepting her as her daughter, Mara was distant with Atria as she was growing up, treating her as a burden and symbol of Noah's infidelity.
Atria is a celestial female given star name, deriving from the star in the constellation Triangulum Australe. The plural form may also refer to an atrium, a large open space within a building, or the atrium, an anatomical structure through which blood enters the heart.
Jacqueline comes from French, as the feminine form of Jacques (English James). Jacques originated from Jacob which is derived from the Hebrew meaning "may God protect".
Hilliard comes from the Norman names "Hildiarde", and "Hildegard," composed of Germanic elements that mean "strife", "battle", "fortress" and "stronghold". The surname has been in Ireland since the 17th century.
- Atria's theme song was Liability by Lorde.